FC Twenty11 Code of Conduct
Please find below the FC Twenty11’s Code of Conduct details and escalation point.
- Play for the fun and enjoyment of the game.
- Learn and play by the FIFA LAWS OF THE GAME.
- Never argue with the referee or assistant referee.
- Control your temper and use your energies for playing better football.
- Play well for yourself and your team. Your team’s performance will benefit as well as your own.
- Be a good sport. Recognise all good play, whether from your team or your opposition.
- Treat all players with respect. Do not interfere with, bully, or take unfair advantage of any player.
- Remember the aim of the game; to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Co-operate with your coach/manager, team mates and opponents; for without them there is no game.
- Promote the Code of Conduct to all around you.
- Do not force an unwilling child to participate in football.
- Remember children are involved in football for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage your child to play by the LAWS OF THE GAME and not argue with officials.
- Teach your child honest effort is more important than victory.
- Turn losing into development by helping your child work towards skill improvement and sportsmanship.
- Remember the children learn best by example. Applaud good play by your team and opposition.
- Do not question the referee’s judgement or honesty. Remember they are only human and make honest errors.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from the game.
- Recognize the value and importance of coaches, who are all volunteers, giving your children their time and resources.
- Make sure you know the LAWS OF THE GAME< to better understand what is going on.
- Promote the Code of Conduct to all.
- Remember that children play organised sports for their own enjoyment, not to entertain you.
- Be on your best behaviour. Do not use profane language or physically or verbally harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators.
- Applaud all good play by your own team and the opposition.
- Show respect towards your team’s opponents, and officials. Without them there is no game.
- Never ridicule or scold a child for making a mistake during the game.
- Condemn the use of violence and verbal abuse.
- Respect referee’s judgement and honesty. They are only human.
- Encourage players to always play for the LAWS OF THE GAME.
- Take the time to read the LAWS OF THE GAME to better understand the rules. They do vary a little between Junior and Youth.
How to escalate an issue…
If you personally witness behaviour that goes against the FC Twenty11’s Code of Conduct, please email the FC Twenty11 Chairman (email@example.com).