FC Twenty11 Code of Conduct
Please find below the FC Twenty11’s Code of Conduct details and escalation point.
- Play for the fun and enjoyment of the game.
- Learn and play by the FIFA LAWS OF THE GAME.
- Never argue with the referee or assistant referee.
- Control your temper and use your energies for playing better football.
- Play well for yourself and your team. Your team’s performance will benefit as well as your own.
- Be a good sport. Recognise all good play, whether from your team or your opposition.
- Treat all players with respect. Do not interfere with, bully, or take unfair advantage of any player.
- Remember the aim of the game; to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Co-operate with your coach/manager, team mates and opponents; for without them there is no game.
- Promote the Code of Conduct to all around you.
- Do not force an unwilling child to participate in football.
- Remember children are involved in football for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage your child to play by the LAWS OF THE GAME and not argue with officials.
- Teach your child honest effort is more important than victory.
- Turn losing into development by helping your child work towards skill improvement and sportsmanship.
- Remember the children learn best by example. Applaud good play by your team and opposition.
- Do not question the referee’s judgement or honesty. Remember they are only human and make honest errors.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from the game.
- Recognize the value and importance of coaches, who are all volunteers, giving your children their time and resources.
- Make sure you know the LAWS OF THE GAME< to better understand what is going on.
- Promote the Code of Conduct to all.
- Remember that children play organised sports for their own enjoyment, not to entertain you.
- Be on your best behaviour. Do not use profane language or physically or verbally harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators.
- Applaud all good play by your own team and the opposition.
- Show respect towards your team’s opponents, and officials. Without them there is no game.
- Never ridicule or scold a child for making a mistake during the game.
- Condemn the use of violence and verbal abuse.
- Respect referee’s judgement and honesty. They are only human.
- Encourage players to always play for the LAWS OF THE GAME.
- Take the time to read the LAWS OF THE GAME to better understand the rules. They do vary a little between Junior and Youth.
How to escalate an issue…
If you personally witness behaviour that goes against the FC Twenty11’s Code of Conduct, please email the Chairman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact Ollie Hawkins on 021 0826 1407.